Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stuck anyone? PLUS new recipe

Well so much for good food days. It comes and goes. My band isn't too tight. I think I am eating too fast and too big of a bite. Not chewing enough too. Now the question is...do I need a fill? Am I eating too fast, too big of a bite, not chewing enough because my band is too loose? I don't have restriction I have constriction. I don't feel full. I feel like the food suddenly is prairie dogging back up my throat. I can eat for 5-10 min before suddenly a wall slams down and it tightens up and eventually comes up. I'll have to think about this one.I haven't had a fill since March or maybe February.

I am getting used to my new job and then today BAM!! I find out that I will have a new boss soon. My boss was promoted so as soon as they hire her replacement I will have a new boss. Possible someone outside of the company too. I am worried. What if they come in and decide to clean house. I am the new person. The low man on the pole so to speak. Three of us were hired within weeks of each other. One has been there 6 weeks. Another going on 4 weeks and myself just ending my 3rd week.

Last night I made a fantabulous meal. Grilled Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs. YUM!! Didn't get stuck at all. Here's the recipe. My kids loved it. It is one of my keeper recipes for the family. This was hubby's plate. He had potato salad and macaroni salad. That is my daughter's bowl of salad. I was able to eat 1/2 a skewer but these were large metal ones. I like the metal because it heats up and helps cook the inside of the meat.

Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs    

Ingredients:


1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 cup ranch dressing

3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon white vinegar

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to

taste

1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste

(optional)

5 skinless, boneless chicken breast

halves - cut into 1 inch cubes

1 green pepper, cut into chunks

1 red onion, cut into chunks



Directions:

1. In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. I pour about half of the marinade in a squeeze bottle to baste the kabobs. Place chicken in the bowl, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes while you heat up your grill.

2. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers alternating pepper & onion and discard marinade.

3. Lightly oil the grill grate( I don't do this because there is olive oil in the marinade. It didn't stick). Grill skewers for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear. Baste with the marinade you saved.

Served with a nice salad. It was delish.

No comments: