Sunday, June 26, 2011

And the beat goes on...

I am plugging away. I finally am down a few more pounds. It still has been hit or miss on the getting stuck. I know I need to eat protein so I keep trying no matter what.

Stress plays a big factor in it. I have come to realize without a doubt that my kids and hubby are the main cause of my getting stuck. I can't relax when they are around. My kids are always bickering at meals and hubby just ignores it. So that leaves me to break bad. Which in turn causes me to get stuck.

Point is Friday I went to lunch with my new department. A group of 12 people went to El Torazo. A group I don't really know. Eating for the first time in a setting like that. I really expected to heave ho. Nope! I had a chimichanga, refried beans and rice. YUM!! We sat around from 11:30 until 1pm. I took a bite then talked a bit then took a bite and talked a bit. It took me until 1pm to finish but I did. I was so happy for a couple of reasons.

The first reason is that I have had anxiety disorder for many years. I had to have medication for it and it still really didn't help. I wouldn't be able to walk into a crowded room or sit with people I didn't know, let alone eat with them. Throw in the lab band and it was a recipe for shear terror and disaster. Not so anymore. I think my weightloss has curbed many fears that were imbedded in me and I now realize that is was due to my weight. So I actually looked forward to the outing and enjoyed it tremendously. AND I didn't get stuck.

Second reason was I didn't get stuck and I was eating with a group I really didn't know. Good things are still happening.

I have a new recipe for chicken salad. It is loaded with protein. YUMMY!!

Cashew Avocado Chicken Salad
8 servings.

4 cooked, diced or shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 c Ranch dressing
1 c. cashews, unsalted
1 avocado diced
salt, pepper to taste
4 slices of thick precooked bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/2 c. diced swiss cheese
1/4 c diced celery
1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh dill, optional
toasted pitas
shredded lettuce, optional

In large bowl mix all ingredients and chill 30 min. Stuff pitas or serve as is. I recommend eating asap because of the avocado. If not mix everything but the avocado. Cut the avocado at the last minute or prior to but mix with some lime juice and add to chicken salad when ready to eat. It is delicious and 28g protein.

No comments: