Thursday, April 21, 2011

It has been a long week...

So, last Friday I get my daughter off to school, took a shower, laid down for a second and woke up 4 hours later. Evidently I really needed the sleep because on Saturday evening I started getting a headache on one side of my head. I instantly thought of a stroke since I had a mini stroke 2 years ago. It kept going away and coming back and then I had shooting, stabbing pain in my ear on that same side.

Sunday morning I woke up and felt horrible. My ear was throbbing. My tonsil on that same side hurt and it had white spots on it. No fever though. I went to the Little Clinic at the pharmacy and I had strep throat, an ear infection and tonsillitis. Really? Geez, I am 40 years old. So needless to say, I got a Z-Pak and proceeded to be sick to my stomach among other things.

Due to my ear infection I didn't go to exercise classes this week. My balance was way off.

Eating has been going well. I don't get stuck too often but I'm not overeating either. At times I can't barely eat more than a 1/2 cup and other times I can eat a salad plate size portion. Go figure. I think stress plays a big role in that. I am happy though that I don't get stuck like I have been. That just makes eating miserable. I shouldn't dread eating so I am in sweet spot for me.

I haven't really been losing any weight lately though. Just hanging around the same weight for the last week. Better than a gain I guess.

I am off work for a long weekend. I don't go back until Tuesday which is a nice break.

Well, it's short today. I am trying to still recover. Still have headaches and hope my sore throat doesn't come back.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hope that you feel better soon.