Saturday, July 2, 2011

My daily struggle continues

I just don't know what more I can do other than taking fluid out of my band. I am getting stuck daily and daily it comes up. Knock on wood, but so far today I have gotten stuck but kept it down. Stress is a major factor but right now it is my kids. I know that is horrible but my kids seem to always start a fight with each other or start bickering at meals. We went to Senor Iguana's the other day. I get the beef chimichanga. It comes with refried beans, spanish rice, lettuce, pico, guacamole. I eat half and take the other half home. Well not that day. As soon as we got there my daughter kept kicking her brother under the table. Then he complained that she was talking too much. Then he complained that she looked at him. GEEZ!! Of course, hubby just ignores them. I can't do that. I have to be the bad guy and that invovles me raising my voice which causes my band to tighten. I took two bites got stuck. Then waited it out. By that time everyone had eaten. I started to eat and it was going along smoothly. Yay me, then no. My daughter started crying that her belly hurt. She became so dramatic, flopping around, wailing. I got up and told hubby to get a to-go container and took her to the car. We get to the car and she is laughing and playing. She had gas and apparently "released" it on the way to the car. Really?? I get home and it took me two hourse to choke down a soggy chimichanga.

This morning I got up early and fixed some scrambled eggs, my daily breakfast. It is soft and usually goes down without too much trouble even though I am extremely tight in the morning. My son gets up and decides he is going to start nagging me as I sit trying to eat. I told him I was trying to eat to please go play in his room so I can eat. He leaves and then comes back I tell him to leave, he comes back and so on. My eggs got stuck. I waited it out and it finally went down. They just aren't getting it through their heads that they need to behave while I eat. They just go on and on. We are supposed to go on vacation soon but I just don't know how I am going to do that. I did fine last year which was just after my surgery. I got stuck but not often. Now it's different. I guess I will have to keep protein drinks on hand and bars. Otherwise I won't get enough protein. I am suspecting this is why I am not losing weight. My protein intake is reduced due to the getting "sick" daily. (knock on wood, not today).

I have eaten bad today.
Breakfast: scrambled egg, laughing cow cheese
Lunch: hotdog wrapped in crescent roll
Dinner: grilled hamburger with cheese, japapeno mac and cheese. (It took me nearly 2 hours to eat it bun and all but dang it was worth it!! I haven't had a bun in forever)
I had a chocolate/banana starbucks smoothie and some chocolate milk today.

I have my good and bad days. I grilled my rosemary ranch chicken kabobs the other day and grilled some asparagus too. That was good. I could only eat 3 chicken chunks before I got stuck.
The weird thing about eating the burger tonight it it got stuck. Hurting stuck, then after about 20 minutes I ate a little more and then a little more then I felt like it was "primed" and it went down fine. I am puzzled by that. It's been nearly 14 months since I had the surgery and it gets more and more different every day.

3 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I wish there was some way to figure out how to get siblings not to fight...hang in there.

Alison said...

I thought that I was the only one who's kids fight constantly! I hate it, even when they're playing together they're only 2 seconds away from fighting.

I really struggle with egg and tend to stick to yoghurt with a little granola for breakfast. I tend to not eat with my kids at all, I know that you're meant to eat as a family but that doesn't really happen around here!

Angie said...

Alison, I know how you feel. I just can't sit there and let them bicker. I have to stop it. It always happens at meals. I can eat scrambled eggs and it stays with me until 1pm usually. Anything else and I am starving by 11 or 12. I eat in a different room at home or I wait until they are done. Sad isn't it?