Protein packed pasta. For those that can eat pasta, Barrilla Plus pasta has 10g protein per serving. YUM.
Here is a list of snacks I have found to be very good and I haven't had any problems eating them with the Band.
1. Nature Valley Granola Thins-Peanut Butter
-- a thin crispy granola square with a thin layer of peanut butter. It is crunchy and yummy.
---90 cal, 4.5g fat, 1g protein per square
2. Laughing Cow--Lite creamy swiss and Lite Queso Fresco & Chipotle
--soft cheese wedges that are great on crackers, veggies, scrambles eggs, whatever you normally would eat cheese on. I scramble an add and put the hot eggs on top of a wedget in a bowl and let it melt it a little. YUMMY. You can spread the cheese on a tortilla and put some Boar's Head Sasilito Turkey, lettuce and tomato and roll it up. I have found the Queso one has quite a little kick to it and is delicios with eggs, refried beans, celery, ham
---Swiss (per wedge) 35 cal, 1.5g fat, 2g protein
---Chipotle (per wedge) 35 cal, 1.5g fat, 2g protein
3. Butoni chicken & proscuito tortellini w/ Butoli Three Cheese Rosa Sauce
--This is about the only pasta that doesn't get stuck. It's delicious and has a hint of cinnimon in it, at least that is what I taste. The Rosa sauce is kind of high fat but it makes about 4-5 servings so I really think it evens out in the end. And besides for a once in a while meal, and to take care of my pasta craving, I am okay with that.
(I don't have the cal/f/p with me right now. I will update it later on.
4. Boar's Head turkey, ham, chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves.
--I spread Miracle Whip light on a large intact lettuce leaf and lay meat along the leaf and roll up and ENJOY! Can't get any simpler than that. Yummy and doesn't get stuck. You can add other things in the wrap like onions or tomatoes or pickles. I like it plan just the meat and miracle whip light.
5. Skinless Turkey smokes sausage. Very tasty and good with a salad or in a soup. Check my recipe section for a recipe using smoked sausage. It is awesome!
6. Vitamin Water Zero
--By far the best out there. It is sweetened with Stevia which is beneficial for diabetics since it does not raise your blood sugar. The best flavor to me is Rise. It is like a watery orange Tang. The lemonade is good too. They are really refreshing if icy cold or if you put them in the freezer just until they start to get a little slushy. It doesn't take long.
7. NEW@@@ Special K protein water. It has 5g of protein so if you gotta hydrate add a little protein and it's tasty.
8. NEW@@@ Avocado. Protein and delish on salad, burgers, guacamole.