Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tomorrow is the day!

Tomorrow is surgery day! I woke up this morning full of excitement which quickly turned to butterflies. I am sitting here wondering so many things. Of course, I am questioning myself. Is the surgery necessary, is it the right thing to do, will I succeed? YES< YES

It's hard to believe that I only have one more day until my life changes forever. I have expectations but not high ones. I don't believe in setting the bar too high. Baby steps. I don't want to be disappointed if I set a standards too high. I have been on the chat boards and seen people who aren't losing as fast and get discouraged and want to quit. Take heart! One step forward two steps back. Isn't that the way of life? Any movement forward in the overall picture is a WIN WIN.

Being realistic is the key. Let's break this down. At the beginning I will be on liquids. Then gradually add soft foods, pureed foods, then mush. Solids are the last to be added. It stands to reason that after adding solids again there is the likelyhood that I may gain some weight or even be at a standstill. I have to be diligent and make the best food choices for myself.

I recently spoke to my Aunt and she said to remember that they are doing surgery on my stomach not my brain and your brain is going to want to go back to the old habits. My surgeon said the same thing. It is so true. Just because my stomach is smaller doesn't mean my brain is. I am still going to want the old things I eat and how I ate them. It will take some serious discipline to create new habits. If I go into this with the thought that this surgery will curb any old habits or hungers then I am going into this with my eyes closed. Reality check!

Well, I am spending today sorting my foods and things I will need. Making any last trips to get the little things that I know my hubby won't have a clue of what to get.

The time is near...........................................

No comments: