Thursday, May 5, 2011

Avocado, the perfect fruit. My new obsession

My new obsession is guacamole. A very simplistic yet yummy recipe.

Mashed avocado, 1 large or 2 small
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp garlic powder
Mix well, put the seed in the guac and enjoy.Yes the seed keeps it from turning as quickly. Check my recipes for one with minced garlic instead. I use Baked scoops to "scoop" it up. I seem to crave it daily. Of course you can add chopped tomatoes, minced onion, jalapenos, cilantro etc. I personally don't like that in my guac.

So, I did a little research online. Did you know that avocados are a complete fruit? It is very useful for lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, regulating blood sugar. It helps with blood clotting among other things. What a wonderful little fruit! I am addicted.

Yes they are high in fat but it's the good fat, monounsaturated. High in fiber, 9.2g. It is very filling too. Even though it is a "mushie" food, with regards to my band, I still feel full after eating my guac. Yummy stuff.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1844/2 

1 comment:

FitBy40 said...

AND it helps raise the good cholesterol our bodies need! Hubby's good cholesterol was way too low. Now he eats almonds and avocado daily, his numbers have improved.
Yum!