Sunday, May 29, 2011

Been awhile...

I still haven't posted my 1 year pictures yet. I just haven't had time. My life is changing so much and I have had a lot of animosity to deal with at work. You would think people would be more accepting and proud of me rather than keep telling me I am ditching the unit. I am just trying to better myself and move forward in the company. This is a good promotion for me but why do they make me feel so guilty? I am to the point now that I am just letting it ride and biding my time until June 6th when I start my new job. I will still be working with them but I will be a software tester for them. 

My weight has been staying constant. I did go up a few pounds and I attribute that to swelling with the heat and probably too much salt. It has taken a week or so but I finally got my weight back down to where it has been. I stopped eating avocado for about a week and my weight creeped up. Strange huh? They are expensive. I was getting them 3 for $5 now they are $2.19 each. I still buy 7 a week. Pricey but I am worth it.

Speaking of avocado, I grilled hamburgers tonight. I made me a stuffed burger. I stuffed it with cheese and bacon, seasoned with Cajun seasoning. I topped it with sliced avocado. Can I say YUM!!! It was protein loaded. I have fallen in love with a salad at Jason's Deli. It is loaded with fat and protein. You know it does. I am not about low fat if it is high protein. I think it evens out. It works for me. Again it is my preference. I know others don't agree. I do eat low fat for the most part. I choose low fat when possible but if it is high protein, like around 58g, then I don't worry about the fat so much. Anyway, the salad has romaine, iceberg, southwestern grilled chicken, avocado, bacon, cheddar and asiago cheese. YUMMY.

Lately I have been eating more salads. Almost everyday now I have salad for either lunch or dinner or sometimes both. It doesn't stay with me for very long even with protein on it.

We started our garden today. So far, I have planted tomatoes, cucumbers and honeydew melons. I am getting broccoli and cauliflower tomorrow, hopefully. Maybe lettuce too, I don't know.  I also bought strawberries in planter boxes for my deck. They do really well up there. We fenced in the garden because my dogs, jack russells, will tear it up. The little beasts!

Well I just wanted to do a quick update. I don't know if I will be able to get back on here this week since it is my last week in the unit. I have a feeling my boss is going to wear me out. She keeps giving me things to do saying, you do it because you are ditching us. Whatever!!

No comments: