Thursday, June 2, 2011

A decade gone...

Today marked my last day in the unit that I have been in for the last 10 years. It was bittersweet knowing that when I go back to work on Monday, for the first time in 10 years, I will be reporting to someone else. I will no longer be a team leader.
My group gave me a "going away" party of sorts. We had pizza, wings, chips, dips, veggies and dip, and chocolate cake. They bought me a few little gifts. It was very sweet of them. I didn't think they would do anything at all. I had the toppings off a piece of pizza, 3 little wings, veggies and dip. I had a sliver of cake. So nice of them.

I worked an extra hour to try and get through some things. They won't have anyone covering my desk for about 2 weeks so that is tragic but not my problem anymore.

I am very nervous to go from a job that I am considered highly knowledgeable to one that I don't know squat. Very scary indeed. I am still very excited though.

I have lots to do this weekend. I will have to precisely plan meals until I learn their routine. Better to be safe then sorry.

Wish me luck...

1 comment:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Congrats on moving forward onward and upward...you deserve it! You go girl!