Friday, December 23, 2011

Next Day update--post unfill

What a difference between yesterday and today. I did have some residual pain in my chest last night. I think it was due to the unfill. I had some stomach cramping. I had a heating pad on my chest and stomach. Had a good nights sleep. Woke up and didn't feel like eating, a little scared I guess. I had some early morning shopping to do so I just drank a little choclate milk and out the door I went.

I had no more pain. Did my shopping in record time and was home by 11am. I then was hungry and fixed a scrambled egg, sausage crumbles and a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Now prior to the unfill I would only be able to eat 2-3 bites. Big difference, I ate it all. Then my stomach felt quesy. I overdid it. It just felt so good to be able to eat and I didn't eat all that much. It was probably 1/2 cup total. I was full. It was nice to be able to swallow. Other than that I have been sipping on a Special K protein shake and some vitamin water. Again, so nice to swallow without problems. No sliming, no runny nose, no throwing up.

Still I need to be careful and not overdo it. I am keeping it simple. I think the sausage crumbles was too much. I need more bland foods for a few days.

On to the holidays...got food day at my Mom's tomorrow. I have some cooking to do. Just appetizers so that is easy enough.

What is on your holiday menu? We are having spiral sliced ham, mac n cheese, green beans, salad and pie on Christmas Day. I on the other hand won't be having all of that. Probably some soup and maybe some green beans. It just depends on my stomach.


Merry Christmas....

3 comments:

FitBy40 said...

I was thinking about you last night. I had eaten some wilted lettuce and one piece wouldn't go down. After 4 hours of burping and irritation, I just went to the sink and forced it up. It made me wonder if you had something laying over your stoma that couldn't get through, and the un fill let it through.
Just something to think about.

Andrea said...

So glad the unfill helped and you are able to eat again!

Angie said...

@Fitby40, I have wondered that myself. I am leary of salads for that very reason and I did have some lettuce a few days ago. It could very well have been some food blocking my pouch.

@Andrea, thanks, now I just have to make sure I don't overeat.