Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Long time no blog

Life gets in the way and there you have it. Isn't that the truth now-a-days? We have so much going on that we forget to take care of ourselves. I've had some swelling on my legs this week. Again, most likely too much sodium and/or not enough water intake. I am having a hard time getting enough fluids. I only drink Vitamin Water Zero and I only drink about 40 oz a day if that. Some days much less and that is usually when my legs and feet swell. Funny how before when I was drinking soft drinks I had no problem drinking 120 oz of soft drinks or more a day!!

So, I guess my topic today is water. I hate the stuff. Yep, can't help it but I just can't stand plain water. The taste or lack there of  just makes me gag. This is why I prefer flavored water but I don't use anything with aspartame in it. I prefer Stevia which is in Vitamin Water Zero. I also am careful about sodium in the water. There just shouldn't be. I know a lot of people that like to drink Propel but that has sodium in it and really isn't meant for daily intake unless you are exercising or sweating of some sort.

Getting water in daily helps to flush excess fluids out. Weird sounding, I know, but that is what the doctor's tell us. It helps to flush out waste and keep our body and skin hydrated. Increasin your water will also help with loose skin as you lose weight. A lot of times skin will hang if you don't get enough fluids. So, in a nutshell...HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE

Motivational tip #5  Give yourself a break. Don't be so hard on yourself that you end up sabotaging yourself. While I don't agree with well I screwed up that meal, there is always tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up over it but definitely don't wait until tomorrow to get back on track. So you had a "bad" meal. One meal isn't detrimental to all your efforts. Just continue on with your day but stay on track. Waiting until tomorrow to start new just puts off what you need to do. Eventually you say well this week is shot, I'll just start my diet again next week and so on.

No comments: