Sunday, June 13, 2010

Motivation

Motivation is so hard to keep up. Motivation is personal. Some days I have no motivation at all it seems.

Everyone needs motivation for just about everything. My job is my motivation to get out of bed during the week. My kids are my motivation to get up on the weekend, just mainly because no telling what trouble they would get into if I didn't.

So, what is my motivation to keep on track with the help of my band? Notice I said the help of my band. More on that later. My motivation to keep on track is several things. Health, weight loss, self esteem, success. I want to be more healthy and no longer dependent on my diabetic medication or my blood pressure medication. My weight loss is a no-brainer. I need to lose weight to make the 1st reason possible and to help the last two problems as well. Not to mention the fact that it would be easier to move around and get up and about without this massive amount of weight weighing me down. No pun intended there. Self esteem, well what can I say. I have none really. I am so embarrassed by myself that I can't stand myself sometimes. I truly believe that no matter what great things I accomplish in my personal life or work life, people always look at my weight and discount everything I have done. Yeah, I know, you think that is ridiculous. That is just the way my thinking has turned over the years. No matter how much I know deep down, that is bull but I think it just the same.
Success. Well what can I say on that. Successful weight loss, medication reduction, increased self esteem. Those are my ultimate goals.

Now to the band as my helper. Remember as it is pounded into your head over and over. THE BAND IS JUST A TOOL!! Nothing more, nothing less. You take care of your tool and it will take care of you. However, you must remember that the user is responsible for how well the band works. You can't blame the band if you gain weight. It didn't make you eat a quart of ice cream or that chocolate cake. It didn't force you to go through McDonalds for a cheeseburger or two. Of course, if you really want that cheeseburger, you can have it. ALL THINGS IN MODERATION. Nothing is really off limits unles syou make it off limits. Work with your band not against it. If you work against it, and blame it, then you are only hurting yourself in the long run.

Motivation again is the key. Just in exercising you need motivation. I like motivating music to keep me up and about. Fast beat music keeps me moving. I have created what I call my "flavors of the day". I listen to artists like Eminem, Usher, Lady Gaga, Timbaland, Justing Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez, Daddy Yankee etc... find what music gets you moving and load up your mp3 with it and get moving. My Zune is always filled with my favorites and I am always creating new folders with mixes of musics so that I have a choice depending on my moods. I download movies as well.

What motivates you? Work on that list. I do everyday because my motivations change daily. As long as you sit still and watch life pass you by you won't get the rewards of your new life with the band.

Motivational Tip#1  Make your target believable and attainable. If you set the bar so high that there is no reasonable way to reach it within a reasonable time period then what is the point? Make it reachable. Small goals lead to large rewards in the long run.

Look for Tip#2 on my next blog.

No comments: