Thursday, June 3, 2010

29 lbs LOST!!

I am officially down 29lbs total since March 25 and 10.2 since my surgery May 12th. What an accomplishment for me. Yeah Me!! I bought myself some flowers for my vase. Just a little pat myself on the back treat and no calories, even better!

 About 2 years ago I was in a program at work called "Count Me In". I had lost 25 lbs in 10 weeks. It was a lot of work. It took a lot more planning than I am doing now. Not sure why because I am basically following the same principals. With CMI, I would eat every 3-4 hours. That's what I do now. The bad thing about CMI is when I stopped severely watching my food I gained 35 back in about a month. I think preparing for the surgery and adjusting my eating before surgery helped me develop some new habits that for now seem to be sticking with me even though I have no restriction right now. That is encouraging.

Next week is my 1st follow up appointment. I am both excited and scared. I am worried they will say I am not losing fast enough. I seem to be hearing that a lot lately. I will try to remember to blog that day on what that is like. I am visualizing it and I am more than scared about them accessing the port. That creeps me out a bit.

Overall, I am happy with how things are going. I lost 2 lbs this last week and that is a good number. Slow weight loss means less of a chance of hanging skin. I would rather my skin readjust so plastic surgery won't be necessary. I am handling my new life right now. I expect some adjustment after a fill but we shall see.

So my final thought to ponder today is do stretch marks fade away? I ask because mine seem not as prominent as before and they ITCH like crazy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.