Sunday, March 6, 2011

To eat or not to eat...

Well, since my last fill, I have had my share of ups and downs, literally. It seems every day I am tight when I eat. Some days, if I wait it out, it goes down. Others, it comes up. This happens at every single meal. I could be eating something like mashed potatoes and there is a 50/50 chance it will be tight.

I have no idea why this is. I don't need fluid taken because it isn't that kind of tightness. Sometimes I can walk around and gravity helps it go down but sometimes the walking around makes it come up. I just go with the flow and I keep trying to eat until something stays down. No matter what I still choose foods that are good for me rather than copping out and eating something soft and sinful just because it goes down easy. Nothing in life is every easy so why should I give in to this?

I eat something, feel tightness, and I wait it out. I get up walk around or I sit there and relax. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't on the first try. The key is I try and continue to try until it goes down. Otherwise I sit there with my stomach growling. Today I am trying something different. I tend to not eat anything for hours and hours. I may need to eat a light snack to keep my throat from tightening up or maybe a hot liquid.  I am going to see if that helps at all.

All in all, it's all good. I am still very happy with my decision to have this surgery. Each day reminds me how lucky I am to have it. I am not the least bit sorry even when I am stuck and heaving it up. It is what it is. It is my life now. My oldest daughter thinks I have an eating disorder since I throw up at times. I told her it's not that kind of throwing up. I don't throw up my food just slime, usually the food stays there other than what is stuck. She thinks the band has caused an eating disorder. I guess I can see how that might be misconstrued as that. I am not throwing up to get rid of what I ate but what is stuck. I will continue to eat until it is kept down. That is the difference I think.

My sizes are going down, down, down. I am down to a size 20 from a tight 28/30 in pants. Shirts I wear a 22/2x down from a 32 or 5x and that is because my arms are still so big due to skin and also my midsection, due to skin. I have gone through all of my small clothes and now shop regularly. There is a JCPenney outlet here and I go there once a week to check out what they have. They carry all sorts of overstocks from stores other than JCP. I find Lane Bryant there a lot for pennies compared to the store, which I don't shop at anylonger. I shop at Old Navy and JCP outlet pretty much. It's nice to buy a shirt for $6.99 versus the same shirt at Lane Bryant for $34.50. Talk about a markup!!

I went out and bought Zumba for the Wii on Friday. WOW!! Can I just say it kicked my ass? It isn't like a DVD, its more like animation shadows. As you move it turns green showing you are keeping up with the level of activity. I really don't think I looked like anything zumba-ish but things moved and jiggled the whole time. I was only able to do about 5 minutes of the 1st 20 minute beginner one. I was really sore within an hour after that. That night I hurt in places I didn't think I could. Can you get charlie horses in your butt cheeks? Just sayin, it was a real possibility cause they were hurting BAD!! I skipped yesterday. I didn't want to tempt fate again. I am going to do it today. Wish me luck! I think I am either taking some ibuprofen before I start or right after. When I did aerobics I took it before and it helped with the soreness.

It's 7:46am here so I am getting ready to eat breakfast, I always do within an hour or so of getting up. Sometime mid-morning I have a date with the Wii....Be gentle my Zumba friend.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yesterday was horrible, I couldn't keep anything from coming back up. Today I had no problems and could eat everything without trouble. I even ate a pancake. Go figure.