Saturday, March 26, 2011

101 That's how it's done!!

Well I have hit a milestone! 101 lbs gone by the wayside!!

I am so excited about this. In 10 months I have lost 101 lbs to never be heard from again. This is something I would have never dreamed of a year ago. I owe all of this to my band. THANK YOU LAP BAND!!

I have discovered something about myself which I have mentioned before. I would not be able to do this without the band. I have absolutely no willpower whatsoever. When my band is loose so are my lips as I like to say. Even after 10 months I still fall back into the same habits instantly. In my opinion the band is perfect for someone who has portion control issues. I think my success is due in part to the fact that while I can eat and often choose to healthy foods I eat large quantities of those foods which everyone knows even a lot of a good thing can make it bad. I eat whatever I want and sometimes it is not a good thing but I eat a controlled portion. This is the key to my success. I still try to overeat but my band says "I don't think so" and I pay the price. I hate to admit this but when given the opportunity I will try to overeat again knowing full well the consequences that my band provides. So I DEFINITELY know without this band I will fail. It's a harsh reality but a reality none the less and one I am glad to have.

My life is so much more now. My social phobia is lessened considerably. I still get a little panicked and sometimes I just can't do it but for the most part I am able to overcome the feeling. That is huge for me. I am more outgoing I think and I am certainly more vocal about my surgery. I don't care who knows. I think my letting people know from the beginning was actually a good thing. At times I was hurt and pained by their responses but I think it drove me more to be successful. I wasn't only accountable to myself but in part to the people around me who knew and was watching what I did. I didn't want them to see me fail anymore than I wanted to fail. It was an extra incentive. I wasn't doing this for them so that is not what I am saying but I was doing it for my own satisfaction of knowing they see me succeed despite their at times crude comments. Now those same people are amazed at how far I have come. It feels good for people to come say I have lost weight and then ask me how. I tell them proudly, LAPBAND. Why lie? It's a fact and maybe someone they know or that person themselves may need to hear a success story with the band to help with a decision.

I know there are still those out there that think surgery is a cop out. The easy way out, well I am here to tell you there is nothing easy about lapband. At times it is the hardest thing I have ever done but very rewarding. I see and feel the direct result of the band. The best investment ever made.

I am thankful most to those that have helped me do this. Without each and every one of you I would not be where I am today. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

ANG, 101! WOW!!! that is wonderful! I can’t imagine how you must feel about yourself! PROUD doesn’t seem to be enough! Becky ;~)

Fluffy said...

Heck, the band is just a tool. It's YOU! You have done great!!! Keep it up.

Angie said...

Thanks so much Becky!

Fluffy: You are right it is a tool but without it I wouldn't be where I am.

FitBy40 said...

This is phenomenal news. This is a great way to welcome spring! Great job, keep it up!

Band Groupie said...

Great WL! Congratulations!!!

Don't worry too much about the cysts (I've had loads of them for many years now). -BG