Friday, January 21, 2011

2010 Review and Reflect

I thought I would sit down and contemplate the year that has passed. Wow, it has been a whirlwind of events. This time last year I was getting ready for my first meeting with the surgeon's office to get information. Here I sit a year later with a whole new life. Amazing how life changes in such a short period of time.

I have gone from flab to fab. Well, okay that is a little overboard but I am getting there. The point is I feel fab, more fab about myself than I have in more than 20 years. It is an amazing feat to say the least. I am really proud of what I have accomplished.

So many things have changed about myself. My size of course. I am down 91 lbs. WOO HOO!!
My BP is so so much better. Being able to reduce my meds gives me a whole new freedom.
Since my size is down, so are my clothes sizes. I am able to buy off the rack at a regular store, of course in their plus or Women's department but the fact is I don't HAVE to go to Lane Bryant anymore. I had to go there because that is the only place I could find plus size clothes that were actually plus sized. Not long before my surgery I didn't even go there. I had to buy online because I was bigger than the biggest size in the LB. I could find pants but never any tops.

My mobility is way better. I am able to get around better. I can CROSS MY LEGS!! That to me is a major accomplishment. I can once again be lady-like.

I am posting pics of myself on facebook. That is almost impossible to believe. The pic I posted here today I also posted on facebook. I'm okay with that because I am proud of how I look right now. I see the difference and yes I know I am still fat I am just not as fat. The last time I got my hair done was in September. That was 4 months ago! I haven't colored or cut my hair. I was letting myself go. I can't do that. I have to keep my hair up because it makes me look more presentable and it makes me feel better about myself. From now on I need to make this time for myself because I am so worth it now.
2010 is gone and 2011 is just creeping in. I can't wait to see what this year brings. It is exciting to think of all that I will accomplish with my weight this year.

I started working out this week. I am taking it really slow. If I jump in too fast, knowing myself, I will just drop it like a hot potato. I finished my exercise room. It has an elliptical, treadmill, recumbent bike, weights, and TV/DVD. I have everything I could possibly need, except motivation. I am working on it.

Welcome 2011. Let's see what you've got...

No comments: