Thursday, April 15, 2010

A bad food week?

Well this week has been challenging. I have gained 5 lbs. My swelling is bad in my legs. I have no idea why. I have been focusing on high protein meals and have managed to get 70g of protein per day. It just has to be the foods I am eating this week.
Breakfast every other day has been a protein smoothie. I had eggs one day. Today I didn't eat breakfast. Dinner varies. Last night it was hamburgers off the grill.
Monday and Tuesday I had a ham/swiss sandwich on skinny bread with TONS of lettuce on it and homemade green beans. I don't add a lot of salt. I did cook them with 2 hamhocks. They were tiny and had very little meat on them. Could that be the culprit? I didn't have green beans yesterday for lunch. I had mexican. I had refried beans, a tablespoon of guacamole, spanish rice and a skinny burrito with just meat. I gave up soft drinks weeks ago and now only drink Vitamin Water Zero which has no sodium. I did drink a couple of cups of Kroger active lifestyle flavored water this week. It does have sodium in it. It's like propel only with vitamins.
Today I am off work and just sitting here with my legs propped up. It is the only way to get the swelling down. Last night I thought my skin was going to explode it was so tight from swelling. I know the weight gain is from the swelling. At least I hope it is. Today is Thursday so I guess I will watch my intake of sodium for a few days and see if that is the problem. I sure hope that when I get banded and lose some of this weight that my legs won't swell up anymore. I take a BP medicine that has a diuretic in it so the swelling baffles me.

I am getting frustrated. I need to maintain or lose weight not gain it. It is a lot harder to focus on not gaining then it is to try and lose weight. UGH!!

No comments: