Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ups and Downs and a new recipe

Ok so my weight has been creeping up since my fill. I question : was my fill to blame? I had gained a whopping 15 lbs in a few weeks. I knew some of it at least was bloating because I could feel my feet and hands swollen so I was left with what in the heck was causing this?? I have taken a look at what I eat. Nothing new there. I have at time had different drinks but really could that cause all the swelling and gaining?? I just don't know. So I took steps to change back what I drink. No more Sobe since it has 75mg of sodium per bottle but honestly I don't think that would cause it. Vitamin Water Zero has no sodium, so I am back on that. I was drinking cappuccinos. I am hooked on them. I have a 16 oz travel mug and was drinking two to three a day. Yeah I know...so here's what happened. I got on the scale Sunday morning and weighed in at a whopping 247 lbs. I was down to 234  or so a few weeks ago. On Monday, I weighed the same, so I made a cappuccino in my travel mug at home using a mix rather than stopping on my way to work and grabbing one. I only drank that one. Actually I don't think I drank all of it. I started drinking the vitamin water. For lunch I had a strong craving for Voodoo Chicken from JGumbos. It is a level 4 hot sauce bottles. 5 being the hottest. I slather it in sour cream and cheese to cut the heat. Yeah I know what you are thinking..."she wonders why she is gaining". No really, I have always slathered sour cream and cheese on hot stuff. I have always lost weight. Well because of the heat of the meal, I had a fan on and kept sipping on the water. About an hour after the meal I cracked the bottle of water wide open and guzzled, well as best as a bander can, two bottles of water. Came home and homemade chicken nuggets and more water. Weighed myself before bed. Now listen, I am not obsessed with weighing myself for the sake of weighing myself. I have a scientific reason. For years I was on water pills for swelling. I would gain significant weight during the day and overnight would lose sometimes 10 lbs of water weight. Yep was in the bathroom all night, bladder working overtime. It has become a habit. I know that if the weight I gained during the day does not come off overnight they it is true weight gain or something is wrong if it is swelling. Granted I am no longer taking water pills but it still works that way only on a much smaller level since I have lost so much weight. I normally don't gain/lose 10 lbs in a day anymore.
So back to the story...When I weighed myself before bed Monday night was up to 250 lbs. I cried, literally. I was so pissed off. Went to bed, got up several times in the night for a bathroom break. Woke up this morning and weighed myself...Down to 243 lbs. 7 freakin pounds!! So I still am left to wonder, is this all water weight gain? Will keep ya posted.

My new recipe: Chicken Parmesan Bander Style
Serves 4-6
2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
salt/pepper to taste
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 Jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded Italian cheese or mozzarella
1/2 cup Parmesan

Preheat oven to 350.
Saute garlic and Italian seasoning in olive oil. Add diced chicken and toss until warmed and slightly browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon chicken mixture in bottom of glass pie plate. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Pour on sauce then top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 min or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!

No comments: