Friday, August 6, 2010

WHAT DOES 50 LBS LOOK LIKE?

A 6 yr old, 10 5lb bags of sugar, 2 sacks of potatoes, a beagle dog AND the weight that I have lost.

 I HAVE OFFICIALLY LOST 50 LBS AS OF TODAY!

This is a milestone I never thought I would see. This is a milestone I wasn't sure even existed for me. I have tried so many times over the years to lose weight. I have never in my lifetime lost 50 lbs at one time or even within a years time, even two years time. I am trying to digest my accomplishment. I see the changes, yet I don't. Does that even make sense? I see physical changes and I see mental changes. I am more active. I have a better opinion of myself but that is still a work in progress. I definitely feel more confident. I can look in the mirror or my reflection in the windows I am walking by and I no longer cringe.
Yes I am still large and overweight but I am a slimmer overweight. Instead of needing to lose OVER 100 lbs I now need to lose less than 100 lbs. I've never said that before.
I have a new outlook on life. The best part is the band is an integral part of my life. So integral that I don't really think band first anymore. I mean is it possible that 2 1/2 months post op that I am so used to my band? There are days that I totally forget, including the way I eat and get a chilling remiinder in the way of getting stuck and/or close to sliming. That's okay. I will take that. I LOVE MY NEW LIFE!!

As a final note...Krispy Kreme here in Louisville Ky has doughnut sundaes. Yes you read it right. Doughnut sundaes. OMG...Fabulous!!! It starts with a hot glazed doughnut topped with a mound of soft serve ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. I ate the whole thing and nothing got stuck. I take that as a sign I was allowed to have it. I say this because as I am typing I am eating BBQ chicken. I cooked boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot all day. Drained, shredded and added Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. It got stuck. Chicken did! Doughnut did not.

Peace out.....................

No comments: