Sunday, November 21, 2010

Band-a-monium

Well, I can say for certainty that my band needs some serious adjusting. I did the most horrible thing the other day which tells me without this band I would be right back where I was. I got a western bbq bacon cheeseburger from Steak n Shake. I planned on taking off the bun and eating the meat for a treat. Well I thought I would try a bite with the bun. BIG MISTAKE!! The mistake being there was no restriction. NONE!! It went down just fine. I ate the WHOLE thing, bun and all. I should not have been able to do that.

My doctor lowered my BP meds and took away my water pill. I started to swell and I started to gain weight. I put on 11 lbs in one weekend. I am now back down to where I was so the good news is I haven't gained but I haven't lost either. This will be the 1st time I haven't lost anything since the surgery which is discouraging. It took all I had to get the 11 lbs back off.

It isn't like I am eating constantly but when I do eat I can eat MUCH MUCH larger portions and I don't stop. I am getting hungry about every 3 hours when before it was 5-6 hours. I don't go back until Dec 2nd which I thought I was glad about since Thanksgiving was coming up. I didn't want to get stuck at the dinner table and have to get up and get relief so to speak. Now I am thinking I need to go get a fill and chance it and be very careful. I think I will call them tomorrow and see if I can get anything for Tuesday or Wednesday. If I get it Wednesday I can't eat meat, bread or pasta for 24 hrs so that could be a problem. I am going to have think long and hard on this one.

I also don't want to eat much at the dinner because I have family who I am sure will make comments about how much I eat. They are on a "diet supplement" that they now sell that they said made them lose 20 lbs in a few weeks. Not healthy in my opinion but that is their choice and if something was that great it would in my opinion be FDA approved so it could help others. Just my thoughts. They like to compare so I guess they will say look I take this supplement that is cheaper than your surgery and natural and I have lost all this weight. I don't like to talk about my surgery. I don't think it needs to be the focus. What I do to lose weight and get healthy is my business and I don't feel I need to explain it or bring it up everytime I am in a group setting. If someone happens to know and they ask me questions I am more than happy to answer but I NEVER bring it up myself. The Band is a part of my life and will be for the rest of my life so there is no need to discuss it whenever I eat. I guess I am tired of people who "think" they know about the surgery telling me what I am doing wrong or that I am eating too much. Really people, I think I know what I can and cannot have.

Today is my son's 21st birthday and he wants to go to a buffet. Not a good thing for me since I am able to eat loads of food. It is going to be a very trying day.

Wish me luck....

P.S. one final note...I did get my first random compliment. Someone I haven't seen much and one that I don't think knows I had surgery said I was getting skinny. Well skinny is a relative term since we are both quite heavy already but the fact is she noticed and she is the 1st person to actually notice and that I didn't feel she was saying it because she knew I had surgery. I felt it was a real observation and compliment. It felt good to hear it.

No comments: