Thursday, June 7, 2012

Time has not changed anything

And obviously a fill doesn't either. My last fill didn't do much of anything. I have lost 3 lbs since my last visit but that isn't much. I have spent more time trying to not gain weight or when I gain weight I spend my efforts trying to get off the few pounds I manage to put on. It is an up and down affair.

I went in today for a fill. I knew it was time. For the past few weeks I have been able to eat soft breads and buns. I am eating more than usual or actually more than I should. My food choices have been crap. I have been eating cheetos like mad.  My favorite food is the brisket burger from Famous Dave's. I was able to eat half of the patty if I was lucky but now I am able to eat the whole thing. I can go to Smashburger and get a cheeseburger and fried pickles and eat it all. I knew it was time. I still get stuck from time to time. The reason is stress or just eating or should I say scarfing down my food. I take huge bites and I don't chew them very much. BAD HABIT.  They put in a small amount in my band but I had to promise to eat small bites. I am supposed to eat mushies today. I am adhering to that. I drank some water and cappuccino without problem. No gurgling. So on to the food...

I stopped and got some chili and some potato soup from Backyard Burger. Yeah I know eating out again but this is low fat chili and easy to eat due to my fill today. I ate about 1/2 cup of the chili and that was pushing it. They usually tell me that I won't feel restriction for a few days possibly up to a week after. Nope, feeling it just fine right now. The question remains, will this restriction last and for how long??

So I need to make some drastic changes in my eating habits. I have lost sight of where I was. I am putting everything I worked for in jeopardy if I continue on this path. I cannot and will not eat out lunch any longer. I am done with it. I don't have a choice if I want to succeed. It may cost me a friendship but even riding with her is too much of a temptation for me. I would rather go home at lunch, even with my kids at home, rather than risk failing.

Some things I need to do are:
1. plan ahead
2. portion out my food
3. protein protein protein
4. avoid temptation
5. eat slowly and eat small bites

I think I want a bento box. It is portion control in a box. I really need help but it is pricey.

I have been reading a blog by a fellow WLS person who has fabulous ideas and great advice. I am reading up on everything that I have been missing. She is awesome!! Visit her site and follow her. http://www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/


3 comments:

Tully said...

Oh god, I am in the same place as you. I am going to get a fill tomorrow and hoping it will help, but ultimately I need to follow your 5 steps if I want to get anywhere.

Good luck!

Dani said...

I havent lost anything for the last few fills!I need to get back to your 5 steps:)

Angie said...

@fitby40: I had an unfill in December and put on 25lbs. Talk about depressing. My docs office didn't want to give me a fill for a long time and then they only put in 1/2cc. At $150 a pop I couldn't afford that slow of a refill. Fortunately I got a new pcn who did my fill and put a few cc's in to jumpstart me. Then it was slow going. I finally made it to where I was when I had the unfill. Let's see where that gets me. We ARE in this together. You have made to sure to let me know that on many occasions.
@Tully: How did the unfill go? I know it is frustrating but a necessary evil.
@Dani: I haven't lost anything in 6 months despite my fills. I lose and gain the same few pounds. Getting back to the list of 5 is easier said than done. I am a work in progress.