Thursday, June 7, 2012

Time has not changed anything

And obviously a fill doesn't either. My last fill didn't do much of anything. I have lost 3 lbs since my last visit but that isn't much. I have spent more time trying to not gain weight or when I gain weight I spend my efforts trying to get off the few pounds I manage to put on. It is an up and down affair.

I went in today for a fill. I knew it was time. For the past few weeks I have been able to eat soft breads and buns. I am eating more than usual or actually more than I should. My food choices have been crap. I have been eating cheetos like mad.  My favorite food is the brisket burger from Famous Dave's. I was able to eat half of the patty if I was lucky but now I am able to eat the whole thing. I can go to Smashburger and get a cheeseburger and fried pickles and eat it all. I knew it was time. I still get stuck from time to time. The reason is stress or just eating or should I say scarfing down my food. I take huge bites and I don't chew them very much. BAD HABIT.  They put in a small amount in my band but I had to promise to eat small bites. I am supposed to eat mushies today. I am adhering to that. I drank some water and cappuccino without problem. No gurgling. So on to the food...

I stopped and got some chili and some potato soup from Backyard Burger. Yeah I know eating out again but this is low fat chili and easy to eat due to my fill today. I ate about 1/2 cup of the chili and that was pushing it. They usually tell me that I won't feel restriction for a few days possibly up to a week after. Nope, feeling it just fine right now. The question remains, will this restriction last and for how long??

So I need to make some drastic changes in my eating habits. I have lost sight of where I was. I am putting everything I worked for in jeopardy if I continue on this path. I cannot and will not eat out lunch any longer. I am done with it. I don't have a choice if I want to succeed. It may cost me a friendship but even riding with her is too much of a temptation for me. I would rather go home at lunch, even with my kids at home, rather than risk failing.

Some things I need to do are:
1. plan ahead
2. portion out my food
3. protein protein protein
4. avoid temptation
5. eat slowly and eat small bites

I think I want a bento box. It is portion control in a box. I really need help but it is pricey.

I have been reading a blog by a fellow WLS person who has fabulous ideas and great advice. I am reading up on everything that I have been missing. She is awesome!! Visit her site and follow her. http://www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

FitBy40 said...

I'm struggling right along with you! I had to have a major unfill due to heartburn and being way too tight. I'd love to go back in for a fill but I'm scared of being too tight again. I'm trying to do it on my own but am struggling with poor food choices, and honest to goodness hunger most afternoons!
Best of luck to you. Maybe we can get through this together!

Tully said...

Oh god, I am in the same place as you. I am going to get a fill tomorrow and hoping it will help, but ultimately I need to follow your 5 steps if I want to get anywhere.

Good luck!

Dani said...

I havent lost anything for the last few fills!I need to get back to your 5 steps:)

Angie said...

@fitby40: I had an unfill in December and put on 25lbs. Talk about depressing. My docs office didn't want to give me a fill for a long time and then they only put in 1/2cc. At $150 a pop I couldn't afford that slow of a refill. Fortunately I got a new pcn who did my fill and put a few cc's in to jumpstart me. Then it was slow going. I finally made it to where I was when I had the unfill. Let's see where that gets me. We ARE in this together. You have made to sure to let me know that on many occasions.
@Tully: How did the unfill go? I know it is frustrating but a necessary evil.
@Dani: I haven't lost anything in 6 months despite my fills. I lose and gain the same few pounds. Getting back to the list of 5 is easier said than done. I am a work in progress.