Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lapband date 5-12-2010

I had my surgeon's consult today. It was more like the intake appointment I had in January. We arrived at 12:30. We, as in 6 others. We had group education class with Karen and learned what to eat, how to eat, what not to eat. We learned about the surgery, pre-op, post-op and treatment at home. We received more packets and vitamin samples.

Then because the surgeon was running late from a surgery in Lexington, we had to cut our time short. He met with each one of us in a private examination and quick question/answer session. After that we went over the consent form as a group. Usually he does this individually but that would mean us being there until 8 or 9 pm. We opted for the group. After that I met with the scheduling nurse and got my date.

The good news is I lost 6 pounds!!!
The bad news is because I have a blood disorder I have to give myself injections in my stomach after surgery with a blood thinner. I think I may pass out. I am not looking forward to that.

Good news is that I don't HAVE to do a 2 week all protein shake diet. Only one week is mandatory. I can do a week of 3 protein shakes and one high protein meal and then one week of all liquids before the surgery.

Bad news is that I have to only have clear liquids the day before surgery. There are meds I have to start before surgery but not on the day of surgery or meds I start a week after surgery. It is confusing but I AM EXCITED!!

No comments: