Sunday, October 16, 2011

Got my FILL on...

Well, I finally went and did it. I got a fill. It has been a whopping 8 months since I was at the doctor for a fill. This past week and weekend I was able to eat pot roast and then able to eat an entire Western BBQ burger, bun and all from steak n shake. My cue that I need a fill.

I have to say I was not happy getting my fill. The girl that normally does it was there and announced that she will be leaving the practice and this new one will take her spot. The new one has the personality of a rock. She was rude and impersonal. She looked at me like I was lying when I explained why I felt I needed a fill. She said just because I could eat an entire burger does not mean I need a fill. I flat out told her I know my markers and when this can happen I need a fill. She started to argue with me when Laura (my fave that is leaving) spoke up and said look how much weight she has lost, if she says this is her marker then you need to listen to her.

Do you think I was too harsh when I turned to the new one and said: " I am not a band junkie looking to score my next fill. If I was then it wouldn't have been 8 months since my last visit." SERIOUSLY!!!

I also didn't like her giving me the fill. She had to dig around because she kept hitting the edge of the port. I can't imagine why she couldn't get it right considering I can grab my port myself it is that prominent now. Which makes my skin crawl. Well, needless to say, I did get .3cc in my band. I didn't notice any difference at first. I was able to drink normally. I was also eating soft foods for 24hrs and ate those without issue in fact was starving just moments after eating. It wasn't until the next day when I began eating solids again that I noticed the change. We got Qdoba for dinner. I ate 5 bites and was completely full. I ate a little more about 5 hours later. The day after I ate chicken nuggets at home for lunch and only ate 3 and was full. I can definitely see the difference when eating solids. We'll see how long it will last.

They also want me to get an upper GI so they have a standard to go by should my stoma stretch out, they will be able to compare it against the GI. That's Tuesday. I know from prior GI's that I had to drink down barium solution fast. There is NO WAY that will happen this time around. Not looking forward to it.

It never fails, I get a fill and my family doesn't everything within their power to stress me out when I eat. I don't understand that. I keep telling them to stop because I am trying to eat and that just fuels them more and more to keep it up. I swear!!

I haven't lost any real weight in months. Hopefully this will be the push I need to get back on the losing track.

No comments: