Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 3

This is my third day. The nurse said to count surgery day as day one. So today I get to add full liquids like juice, milk, yougurt, and protein shakes. On Sunday I can add applesauce, bananas. By Wednesday I wll be eating mashed potatoes.

Day three is going well. I took out the Q-Ball catheter, well hubby did. It was painless. I can take deeper breaths today with little to no pain. I have sinus drainage so I tend to cough which is actually good for my lungs. I just don't want to cough too hard or too much. I don't want to shift the band while it is healing.
The sorest part today is the port site and the hernia repair which was just above the port site. I am not taking any Lortab. Just regular tylenol liquid for adults and that is only once in the morning. I am very stiff in the morning. My throat is still sore so I guess that is going to take quite a bit of time to heal.

All in all I am very pleased right now. Oh oh! I was able to go to my daughters 1st dance recital last night. I was worried that I wouldn't get to but I did. It was wonderful to see her. I was not uncomfortable at all.

I am a little groggy today but I think that was due to a lack of sleep last night. We had a strong thunderstorm come through Thursday around 1:15 and our power went out. It came back on at 3am this morning. It was stuffy in our house. We can't open windows because of my allergies and my youngest daughters. We just hooked up the generator and plugged in the fridge, deep freezer, a lamp and 2 fans. We all slept in the living room. The kids were on the floor in sleeping bags and hubby and I slept on the couch in the reclining seats.I was hot most of the night but we survived.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: